- Analysis of the sector, strong involvement of senior team members;
- Diagnostics of the situation (location, operational performance);
- Main suppliers selection and contract – EPC, O&M, etc.
- Extensive financial and legal due-diligence, including risk management;
- Review of regulatory environment;
- Value creation road map;
- Recourse to external DD providers.
- Strong involvement in negotiation with all stakeholders – aim to drive the process;
- Arrange all acquisitions of solar power plants;
- Arrange the necessary project financing if needed;
- All investment decision based on detailed assessment of exit strategy reside with shareholders.
- Hands-on management of the asset – monitoring the O&M contractors;
- Risk management strategies including debt hedging and inflation indexing;
- Ensure adequate capex deployment as needed;
- On-going monitoring of industry trends and financial market evolution – monitor exit strategy;
- Following trends (industry or financing market driven);
- Regular review of arbitrage between exit and further holding of the assets;
- Hands-on involvement on exit process;
- Maximise return by exploring full spectrum of potential exits – recap/strategic/sale to other stakeholders/public markets;
Focus on large scale PV projects
- 30 MW are under development
- To ease individual transactions, several SPVs will be incorporated.
- Solar Parks will be provided by experienced Portuguese and European engineering and construction companies, on a turnkey basis.
Expected annual return of ~5% for investors (IRR), considering the P50 operating base case scenario, with no debt and limited downside.